In our future Geopark you can find the following facilities and museum spaces:
1) Epicentre, Visitors Centre (Tremp – Pallars Jussà): It is the main Visitors Centre of the Geopark project. You can find touristic information about other museums and interpretation centres, as well as, leisure and cultural activities and a discovery of the geological and historical heritage, and local products.
There is a 3D room where you could know the diversity of the geopark’s heritage and different areas on the first and second floor like “Geology and dinosaurs land”.
2) Centre de Suport Territorial Pirineus de l’Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (Tremp – Pallars Jussà)
Scientific headquarters of the Geopark project. Leading centre for the research of Earth science and for its use as a heritage and social development resource. They do educational, training and research activities, and through the fostering of economic activities in the area. The building won a NAN Architecture and Construction Award in 2012, in the category of “Award for the best integration of energy in architecture”.
3) Ajuntament de Tremp (Tremp – Pallars Jussà)
Administrative management headquarters. In this centre there are the technical offices where the administrative management of the Geopark is performed.
Find us on the third floor.
4) Museu de la Conca Dellà i centre d’acollida del Parc Cretaci (Isona – Pallars Jussà): It is museum that explains the history of the village through fossils, between palaeontology and archaeology, from the Cretaceous to the Romans time. They do research, museology, educational and dissemination activities related to the local archaeological and palaeontological heritage. Visitor centre, tourist information point and guided tours of the museum and external sites. Belongs to the museum spaces Network with the Dinosfera Palaeoenvironmental Centre and the Montsec de Meià Interpretation Centre.
5) Centre Palaeoambiental Dinosfera (Coll de Nargó – Alt Urgell): its main heritage is eggs and dinosaur nests. The tour wants to show the current knowledge on the reproduction of dinosaurs from their fossils, and more specifically from fossils recovered in Coll de Nargó. It is a Visitors Centre and it offers guided tours of the museum and the palaeontological site. Educational and dissemination activities related to the local palaeontological heritage area done and children’s workshops are also organised. It forms part of a Museum Network with the Cretaceous Park of Isona and the Montsec de Meià Interpretation Centre. It is accessible for people with reduced mobility.
6) Centre d’Interpretació del Montsec-Meià (Vilanova de Meià- La Noguera)
Museum where you can find a local fossil and mineral collection. Visits can be booked through Vilanova de Meià Town Council. A small booklet on Montsec and the fossils is also available to visitors. It forms part of a Network of Museums with the Cretaceous Park of Isona and Dinosfera.
7) Espai Orígens (Camarasa – La Noguera): Centre dedicated to the transfer of knowledge and the dissemination of the natural and cultural heritage of the Montroig area. The centre focuses on promoting research and disseminating archaeological heritage from an educational, leisure and tourism perspective. Guided tours, experimental workshops, symposia and conferences and temporary exhibitions. The programme is aimed at a large target audience and is suitable for all ages.
This facility formed part of The Origins Route. Download here its material: Neanderthal Territory, Roca dels Bous (Bulls’ Rock), Leaflet Espai Orígens
8) Museu Hidroelèctric (Capdella – Pallars Jussà): This is a museum of territory, science and history established with the goal of preserving and disseminating the heritage of the VallFosca area. It must be borne in mind that this is a project related to use of a geological resource and its socio-economic impact in the 1910s. The museum forms part of the network of Science and Technology Museums of Catalonia and of the territorial network of Museums and heritage facilities of Alt Pirineu and Aran. Guided and non-guided tours, workshops on renewable energy and nature courses. All architectural barriers have been removed from the museum site.
9) Museu de Gerri de la Sal: Casa de la Sal (Salt Home) (Gerri de la Sal – Pallars Sobirà): It is located in the old salt storehouse (Alfolí) and it is managed by the municipality of Baix Pallars. The museum covers the process of production, processing and marketing of salt which was generated on Triassic rocks. It also discusses the importance of salt for the village of Gerri and explains the history and evolution of saline over time and the oral memory of the old salt. You can watch an informative video here (in Catalan).
Guided tours of the salt pans and the Salt Museum, coordination of group visits in Gerri (monastery, museum and salt pans) managed by the tourism office of the municipality of Baix Pallars. You can download the leaflet: Leaflet Gerri Museum
10) Montsec Astronomy Park (Àger i St. Esteve de la Sarga – Noguera): It uses the skills and potential of the Montsec area for carrying out research, training and dissemination of science, especially astronomy. There are two main facilities: the Montsec Astronomical Observatory (OAdM) and the Universe Observation Centre (COU). The OAdM focuses more on astronomical research, while the COU is geared towards training, dissemination and the showcasing of tourism activities. It is worth highlighting that 9 municipalities are certified as a starlight tourist destination and starlight reserve, a seal of excellence endorsed by UNESCO. The centre is adapted for persons with reduced mobility.
You can watch its informative video (in Catalan) here.
11) Casal dels Voltors (Vulture House) (La Torre de Tamúrcia – Pallars Jussà)
Visitor centre and interpretation centre of the natural environment of La Terreta (western valley of the municipality of Tremp). Activities to raise public awareness about the importance of the conservation of natural heritage, especially birds. You can do guided tours through La Ruta de la Vall dels Voltors (Vulture Valley Route). This centre is supported by the SEO/BirdLife (Spanish Ornithological Society).
12) La Masieta de Mont-rebei (Sant Esteve de la Sarga)
The remains of an old farmhouse (masia) area used to welcome visitors to the Mont-rebei gorge. As soon as you arrive at this space you will get all the information you need. Moreoveer, it has got a farm shop.
13) Museu dels Raiers (La Pobla de Segur – Pallars Jussà)
In Museu Raiers (Rafters Museum) you can find the door to a world to remember a past full of wood, rivers, forests and secrets. A path to know who the rafters were, their history and the hardness of their job.
14) Centre d’Interpretació de l’Antic Comerç i Botigues Museu (Museum-Shops) (Salàs de Pallars – Pallars Jussà)
Daily consumer goods from different periods have been recovered and are displayed in such a way as to recreate scenes that form part of the collective imagination, highlighting the socio-economic changes that have taken place since the Second Industrial Revolution (second half of the 19th century). The centre has a visitor reception area and a room in which a collection is exhibited annually or every two years that enables visitors to find out more about a product or theme related to ancient trade. Complementary to the Museum-Shops.
15) Conjunt Modernista Casa Mauri i Oficina de Turisme (La Pobla de Segur – Pallars Jussà)
The Casa Mauri Modernist Complex (1903-1907) is composed of the Oil Mill, currently a multi-purpose culture centre, the Casa Mauri building (headquarters of the town council) and the old coach house (now the tourist office). The entire architectural complex is markedly modernist in style. Its most important tourism activities are to operate as visitor centre, to develop tourism activities and to offer guided tours of various tourist attractions of the area (such as the Mauri Complex, the Raier Space – Rafter’s Museum- and hiking in Collegats – Queralt).
16) Espai de recepció dels passatgers del The lakes Train (La Pobla de Segur – Pallars Jussà)
Reception area for passengers of “The LakesTrain”, a successful tourism product. In this area visitors can obtain information on activities and places of interest, plan tourist and gastronomic trails, purchase local products and rest. They are linked to the timetable of the Lakes Train.
17) Central Hidroelèctrica de Talarn – Espai Patrimonial (Talarn – Pallars Jussà)
This facility, about the industrial heritage, allows to go forward with the recognition of the hydroelectric heritage as a distinctive feature of our terriory.
You can find the TIMETABLE for autumn-winter 2016 here.